|“||I'm your best friend! I know every embarrassing thing about you. And there's a lot.||”|
CeCe is told that if she fails algebra, she's grounded and will have to leave Shake It Up, Chicago!. The next day while in school, Deuce helps CeCe find a tutor, Henry. However, Flynn ends up stealing him away. Meanwhile, in a sub-plot, Ty goes on his first date with Tinka and is surprised when he finds out he is having a good time. In another sub-plot, Deuce and Gunther engage in a battle of arm wrestling.
CeCe's mom announces to CeCe that she is failing Algebra. Georgia tells CeCe that if she doesn't improve her grades she'll be grounded and she can't be on Shake It Up, Chicago! anymore. The next day, CeCe makes a D on her Algebra test. Rocky suggests that CeCe get a tutor, but CeCe thinks not. Rocky asks Deuce to get her a tutor. Deuce goes through his contacts, and picks Henry Dillon.
Meanwhile, Gunther and Tinka are at the nearby Chicago L station. Tinka sees a couple hugging and says that she and Gunther can't stay together forever, and that she wants a boyfriend. Later, Gunther sees Ty and Deuce. Deuce tries to arm wrestler Deuce and immedately loses. Gunther takes Duece's jacket as reward. Gunther then asks Ty if he wants to go on a date with Tinka. Ty says he won't do it for a million bucks, so instead he takes 50 dollars. Deuce demands a re-match against Gunther. Once Deuce loses again, Gunther get Deuce's hoody. Ty goes and meets Tinka. He asks to meet her on Saturday night.
CeCe prepares for a boy who is in college on Saturday night. Her and Rocky wait for Henry—who arrives and is a kid that is in college, but is 10 years old. Once tutoring begins, Henry quickly begins that CeCe isn't very smart. He even locks her phone as an answer to an Algebra question.
Once they're date comes, Ty tells Tinka she looks 'not ridiculous'. They go to the L station, where they listen to a saxophone player. They dance to the music he plays for the two. When they return home, Ty apologizes to Tinka for Gunther paying her to go on a date. They agree that, even though they're different, they'll think about going on a date again.
Meanwhile, Henry comes over to tutor CeCe, but instead meets Flynn. He pays attention to the video game he is playing. Eventually, Henry is playing the game, too, and is acting just like Flynn. CeCe says he's 'broken'. Rocky volunteers to tutor CeCe, but Henry says that Rocky can't tutor a dyslexic person, revealing CeCe is dyslexic, something that even Rocky didn't know. Embarrassed by the revelation, CeCe flees the apartment in tears, and Rocky chases after her.
CeCe accepts her fate of being grounded and not being able to dance on "Shake It Up Chicago" again. CeCe says that she's embarrassed about her dyslexia. Rocky says that everyone carries around a baggage that's heavy, and offers to tutor her best friend.
At the end, Henry and Flynn take notes on how to be a 'real boy'. CeCe returns home from school, and announces she made a B+ on her Algebra test. Mrs. Jones dances horiffically in celebration, which causes Rocky to think that she tasered herself.
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones
- Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
- Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
- Anita Barone as Georgia Jones
- R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde
- Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
- Buddy Handleson as Henry Dillon
The full episode transcript for Add It Up may be viewed here.
The image gallery for Add It Up may be viewed here.
Georgia: Gary, my taser is fully charged and I'm not afraid to use it.
Gary Wilde: Right back at ya.
Georgia: You call it embarrassment, I call it sweet, sweet revenge for all those diaper changes!
Tinka: It's not like we're going to grow up and get married. ...You do know we're not going to grow up and get married, right?
Gunther: So, Ty, what do you think of my sister?
Ty: She's a wack job with good hair.
Flynn: We shared hair gel. He's mine now.
Deuce: Well, well, well. Looks like the spider has entered the web.
Gunther: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Isn't the spider already in the web? Don't you mean the fly?
Rocky: I'm your best friend! I know every embarrassing thing about you. And there's a lot.
CeCe: Mom please stop, you're embarassing me!
Georgia: Oh come on I'm a good dancer right Rocky?
Henry: Greetings young fellow.
Flynn: 'Sup little weirdo?
Geogia: Yes, yes I do. Say Gary, what kind of car do you drive?
Gary: It's a red Porsche, it's parked out front.
CeCe: Please be a little cute, please be a little cute [Opens door to reveal Henry].
Rocky: Well, he is little.
Flynn: So do you play any games?
Henry: I teach bunnies to play checkers.
- In this episode, it is revealed that CeCe has dyslexia. Bella Thorne, the actress who portrays CeCe, also has dyslexia.
- Oddly and cointidentially enough, in the previous episode, Meatball it Up, it says that Rocky is a vegeterian, and her actress, Zendaya, is a vegetarian in real life.
- This is the first apperance of Henry.
- This is the episode where the pairing "Tynka" is born, as well as "Flynnry".
- This is the first episode without guest stars.
- This episodes main focus is on CeCe Jones
- In some countries, the episode is called "Tutor It Up."
- Bella asked if they can make this episode to show her excprience as a kid and then did a TTI about it.
- CeCe Jones failing algebra is similar to Timmy Turner failing every class before wishing help to Cosmo, Wanda and Poof in The Fairly Oddparents. Coinditentially, the plot of this episode is somewhat similar to the plot of The Fairly Oddparents episode, Smarty Pants.
- When Gunther and Deuce have their final arm-wrestling match at the Shake It Up, Chicago! studio, the frame freezes as they begin. This is in reference to the infamous ending of the movie, Rocky III, where Apollo and Rocky have their private rematch and has a freeze-frame ending as they both throw their first punch.
Give It Up
|Season 1 episodes|| Next:|
Kick It Up