Rocky meets a guy at the studio at a Halloween party and tries to set CeCe up with his brother, but CeCe says they are too weird. Rocky gives her a lecture about giving people a chance. The four then end up double dating and Rocky soon learns that the guy she likes wears his costume everywhere. Meanwhile, Flynn believes his neighbor is an alien.
Rocky and CeCe go to a Halloween party at the Shake It Up, Chicago! studio. Rocky likes one of the guys at the party who is dressed in a Renaissance costume and introduces CeCe to his half brother who is in a hunchback costume. CeCe isn't interested in the guy, but Rocky isn't allowed to be with boys alone, so she asks CeCe to come on a date with them. The next day, Rocky and CeCe meet the two brothers at Crusty's Pizza. CeCe tries to get out of it, but Rocky tells her that you have to take at least three hours to really get to know a person. The guy that CeCe wasn't interested in turned out to be really cool and cute, but the guy Rocky liked turned out to be really weird because he was still wearing his costume from the party. It turns out that he dresses that way all the time. Rocky wants to leave, but CeCe gives her a taste of her own medicine and makes her continue on the date for the full three hours. Meanwhile, Flynn suspects that his new neighbor, Zane, is an alien and has a dream that he and Henry have been abducted.
Featured Songs & Dances
- Calling All The Monsters: dance number by Instant Noodles Crew.
- Atticus Shaffer as Zane
- Spencer Daniels as Paul
- Hudson Thames as D'Artagnan
- Instant Noodles Crew as featured dancers
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
- Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
The image gallery for Beam It Up may be viewed here.
CeCe: Three hours? That's like forevs.
Rocky: I can't wear that it's just it's so...
Rocky: Yes it's weird....to wear without a hat
Paul: Ah, asketh and you shall recievethCeCe: I think someone found something to wear on photo day
CeCe: Hiya hideous!
- This is the first Halloween episode, the second being Haunt It Up.
- This episode was shown to a select group of fans at the D23 Expo. There is an alternate version of "Calling All The Monsters" which is sung by an unknown artist. Disney showed the select group of fans at D23 Expo the episode with that alternate version, but also posted the alternate version on their YouTube Channel. This song still retains the original background vocals from China Anne McClain's version.
- The waitress at Crusty's Pizza in this episode is the same one from the Olive Pit in "Meatball It Up".
- Flynn mentions that you can kinda see through Zane's skin. This is a reference to the character Albert Glass (voiced by Atticus Shaffer) from Fish Hooks.
- Viewers: 4.6 million, making it the most watched episode of the second season.
- The dinosaur toy from "Shrink It Up" is on the shelf next to Flynn's bed.
- This is the second episode in the series where only three cast members were present. The first being Glitz It Up.
- This is the first episode in the season where Gunther and Tinka are both absent.
- Rocky is costumed as a Wicked Witch of the West.
Shake It Up, Up & Away
|Season 2 episodes|| Next:|
Doctor It Up