|“||How are there mosquitos in a hospital?||”|
During summer break, Rocky injures her foot by landing on a glass bottle and is taken to the hospital. She wonders if she will ever dance again. Meanwhile, Flynn is scared of a lake monster.
The episode begins with Rocky, CeCe, Flynn, Ty, and Deuce all going on a vacation together. Gunther and Tinka are staying in the cabin next door. At first Flynn refuses to go because he is scared, but his mom persuades him by telling him they're gonna stop for ice cream. When they get there Flynn is now even more scared with his mother not caring. Suddenly everyone screams which makes Flynn even more terrified. CeCe, Rocky, Deuce, and Ty all make comments about camping. "This is terrible! There's no cable. There's no internet. Our cell phones don't have reception. I didn't even see a TV." Their mom tells them they don't need any of that stuff and they should become active until the vacation is over. Then at nighttime when they play Truth or Dare, CeCe dares Rocky to jump in the lake. Rocky does the dare, but ends up landing on a broken bottle, thereby cutting her foot. She is taken to the hospital and Rocky fears that they can't fix her foot, and that she
will never be able to dance again. Meanwhile, Gunther and Tinka are left babysitting Flynn. Now again Flynn is still terrified by hearing rustling in the bushes and he is really scared but Gunther and Tinka pull out sock puppets. But Gunther goes too far and pulls
out a big foot puppet and scares Flynn by having the big foot puppet pretend to eat the Flynn puppet. At the end it becomes a miracle Rocky's surgery is a success, but CeCe ends up breaking her leg by tripping really hard and ends up in the hospital alongside Rocky (deeply caring for her best friend and blames herself she wanted to have the accident instead of Rocky).
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones
- Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
- Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
- Anita Barone as Georgia Jones
- R. Brandon Johnson as Gary Wilde
- Carla Renata as Marcie Blue
The image gallery for Break It Up may be viewed here.
Deuce: How are there mosquitoes in a hospital?!
- The episode was originally called "Summer It Up" but changed for unknown reasons.
- This is the second appearance of Marcie Blue.
- This is the first time a character has been in the hospital.
- This is the second episode CeCe tried to spare Rocky's feelings.
- The episode's production code is 121 meaning it was the last episode of season 1 produced, but second-to-last episode of season 1 to air.
- When Rocky is taken into surgery, CeCe starts praying, calling God, "Big Guy", and asking him to have them go back to last night and for CeCe to step on the bottle instead of Rocky, claiming that she should not be able to dance again, not Rocky. After CeCe breaks her leg, she thanks God for fixing Rocky's foot.
- The picture of the monster that Flynn was holding was a parody of "The Patterson Film".
- In the original airing and initial repeats, the episode cuts to commercial after CeCe prays to "the big guy", in recent airings, it goes to commercial After CeCe hurts her leg instead of the part where she prays, in order to keep the show secular.
- There is no way they could have gotten in contact with a pizza place if they didn't have any internet, phone bars, and the pizza place was a long drive away.
- Rocky stepped on the broken glass bottle and got hit in the reer end.
- If Rocky had broken her foot and bone was sticking out, she would have been crying due to pain. However she could have been trying to hide it.
- CeCe was worried that Rocky would have to get a foot transplant, and that they'd give her another left foot, and "you can't dance with two left feet." However, the foot that Rocky had cut WAS her left foot, so her worries were void.
Twist It Up
|Season 1 episodes|| Next:|
Throw It Up