|“||A surgeon needs steady hands, not jazz hands.||”|
Rocky and Ty's dad (Dr. Curtis Blue) returns from his trip overseas and is unhappy to find out that Rocky is dancing on "Shake It Up, Chicago!". CeCe and Rocky must figure out a way to convince him that she should remain on the show. She sneaks behind his back and lies to him, but he finds out when he sees her dancing on TV. Meanwhile, Ty reveals that he’d like to pursue a profession in rapping, and Deuce and Flynn get caught up in a fortune-telling machine.
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones
- Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
The image gallery for Doctor It Up may be viewed here.
CeCe: Don't wanna know what the exit is. Unfortunately she can't, she and I have to go to Shake--
Rocky: --Up the math team, they've gotten real lazy lately especially with those square roots.
CeCe: No I mean we have to dance.
Rocky: Through those algebra problem, 'cause that's how we roll!CeCe: Right, we do love, love math, it's a great addition to our lives and without math it would just subtract from-I have no idea what's going on.
CeCe: I'm guessing you told your dad (Turns round and sees Rocky in choir uniform) And now I'm guessing you didn't tell your dad?
Rocky: Yeah I kind of told him there was an emergency choir practice.CeCe: So let me get this straight you dressed up in a costume to make the lie seem more real? Bravo! I'm so proud of you!
Flynn [as the Geat Wazoo]: If you can't bring the horse to water, bring the water to the horse.
CeCe: No I don't get it, where am I supposed to find a thirsty horse?
Rocky: No CeCe, I think what it's saying is, if we can't get my dad to go to Shake It Up Chicago-
CeCe: We bonk him on the head tie him up, wait 'til we get our driver's liscense and drive him to the studio to watch you dance-Rocky: Yeah. let's call that plan B.
Curtis: Now CeCe if I was willing to let Rocky be on the show, would you be willing to get your grades up? I'm talking a B+ average girl!
Rocky: Hey CeCe guess what? My dad's gonna let me be on Shake It Up Chicago!
CeCe: You tricked me.Curtis: That's right, that's right.
Curtis: A surgeon needs steady hands, not jazz hands.
- In this episode, we can see Rocky's apartment for the first time.
- We also see Rocky and Ty's dad for the first time.
- The plot of this episode is extremely similiar to Mike Chang's situation with his father on the Fox hit TV series "Glee." Mike wants to dance, but his father wants him to be a doctor. Like Rocky's dad, Mike's dad also wanted to play tennis.
- This is the third episode (first in the season) without guests.
- This is the second episode in a row (in this season) where Gunther and Tinka are absent.
- Deuce mentions in this episode that his dad wanted him to be in the family business, but it was later revealed in Future It Up that Deuce owns Crusty's, and doesn't take part in the family business.
- When Rocky's father talks about the entrance to the digestive system exhibit at the science center Rocky and him were going to go to, he looks at the camera while talking about the entrance to the exhibit. That leads to having him breaking the fourth wall. This may not necessarily be a goof as Curtis could have a flashback at the time.
- During Shake It Up, Chicago rehearsals, they don't usually film. However in this episode, the rehearsal is filmed. This may not be a goof, as the show may have started filming rehearsals so that they can watch them to see where mistakes were.
Beam It Up
|Season 2 episodes|| Next:|
Review It Up