|“|| Gina and I were in Rainbow Girls together when we were nine, but enough of my bad childhood memories.
Rocky and CeCe find a ring in CeCe's dad’s coat and are convinced he’s about to re-propose to CeCe's mom . With the help of school librarian Miss Burke, portrayed by Tyra Banks, they come up with a plan to create the perfect proposal moment. Meanwhile, Ty and Deuce go on a double date with Dina and one of Dina's archrivals.
When Rocky is convinced that CeCe's dad, J.J., is trying to "woo" CeCe's mom, Georgia, she tries to plan their relationship by relating to her book (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen). CeCe doesn't believe it at first, but when she picks up her dad's coat, she finds a ring, leading both the girls to thinking he is going to propose to CeCe's mom. With the help of school librarian, Miss Burke, they come up with a plan bring the two to the "Shake It Up, Chicago!" set and remake CeCe's parents first date, which was at an Indian restaurant, with a "Bollywood" theme. CeCe, Rocky, and several dancers perform and Flynn acts as the host. After the dance, the girls find out that CeCe's dad isn't proposing to her mom, but instead to her dad's girlfriend, Cathy, who lives back in Florida. Later Rocky feels a little guilty for not knowing about CeCe's dad's girlfriend and apologizes to CeCe. Meanwhile, Ty and Deuce try to go on a double date at Crusty's, only to find out that Dina and Gina had a long lasting rivalry since they were younger. Later, Ty and Deuce confront them by saying that they are always competing against each other and they are annoyed by the fact they pulled them into the "competition". Soon, Dina and Gina realize their mistakes and become friends.
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones
The image gallery for Parent Trap It Up may be viewed here.
Dina: Gina and I were in Rainbow Girls together when we were nine, but enough of my bad childhood memories.
Rocky: Look at that, what's the expression I'm looking for, oh yes, a family that plays together, stays together.
CeCe: Oh I know an expression too, you're delusional!
- Throughout the episode, Rocky refers to Pride and Prejudice, a classic romance novel by Jane Austen. She compares Georgia and J.J.'s relationship to that of Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy, the novel's main protagonists. Rocky also refers to herself as Charlotte, a friend of Elizabeth's.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the 1961 movie: The Parent Trap.
- This episode marks the first appearance of CeCe and Flynn's father.
- Rocky and CeCe believed that CeCe's dad was going to propose to her mom.
- It is revealled that CeCe's father has a girlfriend named Cathy.
- It is revealled that CeCe and Flynn's father lives in Florida.
- This is the first episode with Miss Burke.
Judge It Up
|Season 2 episodes|| Next:|
Weird It Up