When a phantom threatens to shut down "Shake It Up, Chicago," CeCe, Rocky, Gunther and Tinka try to unmask the culprit before any more damage is done. And found out Ralph was Snappy Sammy, the former host of "Shake It Up, Chicago". Meanwhile, Deuce helps Ty try to identify his secret admirer. The admirer turns out to be a girl named Abigail, a girl who says she's moving. Deuce convinces Ty to take her on one date before she leaves. Abigail then reveals to Ty on their date that shes only moving a few blocks away.
Featured Songs & Dances
- Whodunit: dance number by Rocky, CeCe, Gunther, Tinka, and the Shake It Up, Chicago! dancers
- Bella Thorne as CeCe Jones
- Zendaya as Rocky Blue
- Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez
- Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue
- Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer
- Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer
The image gallery for Whodunit Up? may be viewed here.
Tinka: So I take it Gunther and I should go get fitted for our grass skirts and coconut--
Gary: You're not in the hula dance either.
CeCe: What if there's a deranged monster running loose in the studio?
Tinka: There is, CeCe... but we've learned to live with you.
Rocky: See? It isn't so scary.
CeCe: Oh! That's always what they say in the movies right before the crazy killer shows up with a chainsaw!
Deuce: So I've written down the names of all your potential secret admirers.
Ty: Did you also write down my order, because I gave it to you twenty minutes ago!
CeCe: It's the oldest trick in the book: The one who smelt it dealt it.
Tinka: Way to class up the accusation, CeCe.
Ty: Tinka, Tinka, Tinka. So, I guess the secret's out.
Tinka: The fact that you use way too much body spray? [snickers] Yeah, that secret's been out since 7th grade [gags].
Deuce: Did you hear that? She thinks you're a gift.
Ty: Well I hope she kept a receipt, 'cause I'd like to be returned.
Gary: I got a text that said I had to come down to the studio right away.
Tinka: Interesting I just got a text that says you're lying.
CeCe: Oh sure she can pull someone's face off but I tug on one fake cast and I'm the bad guy.
Ty: Hey Deuce, great news! Turns out you have a secret admirer, too!
Deuce: Really? Who is it?Ty: My fist, and it can't wait to take you out!
- This episode is a part of Disney Channel's Whodunit? Weekend, airing April 13-15, 2012. It features new episodes of Jessie, A.N.T. Farm, Austin & Ally, and Fish Hooks.
- The phantom showed himself on the screens by only showing his lips painted in bright red lipstick against a black background. This was made famous by The Rocky Horror Picture Show; the film opens with the song "Science Fiction/Double Feature" being sung the same way.
- After Sammy was being taken away by security, he exclaimed, "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!" This line was made famous by the 1969 cartoon "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!", where the same line (or a variation of it) is said by the offender as he/she is taken away to jail after being busted by the Mystery Inc. gang.
- This episode might be a parody of the tale of The Phantom of the Opera. This is because the antagonist was mostly referred to as the Phantom like the antagonist in the Phantom of the Opera, the Phantom in the episode would spy on the cast and crew of the show from above, and organ noises were used too.
Weird It Up
|Season 2 episodes|| Next:|
Tunnel It Up